How will Recycling help us?
Importance of Recycling
- Worldwide we dump an astonishing 2.12 billion tons of waste.
- It includes food, electronics, paper waste and much more.
- Eventually, there will be no place to put it all if we don’t develop creative solutions to eliminate and reduce waste
Global Recycling Day
- The Global Recycling Day is observed every year on the 18th of March to recognise the importance of recycling as a resource, not waste
- The initiative serves as a remainder that much of our trash is reusable, recyclable or not really trash at all
- The process of converting waste into new product is know as recycling.
- Recycling helps in conserving natural resources like coal, oil and gas
- Recycling metals like Aluminum and steel saves a large energy.
- Recycling helps in fighting global warming by reducing green house gases.
- Recycling of the rainwater helps in maintaining the underground water and
- smaller aquatic bodies like ponds and rivers.
- Recycling is the best method to protect our environment by reducing carbon emissions.
- Recycling helps in reducing waste product which can create water and land pollution.
- Technology plays a significant role in recycling through advanced waste management programs using innovative tools and software
DO NOT LITTER
- Blue bin meant for Plastic
- Green bin meant for Glass
- Red bin meant for Metal
- Yellow bin meant for Paper