Good morning to everyone present here. I am Arjun. Today I have been given the opportunity to give a speech on organ donation.
On 22nd Sep 2021, I was playing near my grandma’s house. Suddenly I heard the sobbing voice of my mom. My grandma passed away. Her body was taken into an ambulance. I inquired why. My mom told me that they took the body for organ donation. My grandma was an organ donor.
What is organ donation?
Organ donation is a process by which a person allows his or her organ to be removed and transplanted into another person in a legal manner to save the life of a person who is in need of that particular organ. A person donating the organs is known as a donor.
What you can donate?
Organs that can be donated are the heart, lungs, liver, kidney, pancreas, and intestines. Other than these, tissues can also be donated, such as corneas, tendons, heart valves, veins, bones, and skin. Thus, one organ donor can save 8 lives.
It is not required that the donor should be dead to donate an organ. In a few cases, organs and tissues can be donated by living donors such as a kidney, part of the liver, parts of the lungs, pancreas, and intestines can also be donated.
When you donate your eyes, someone sees the world with those; when you donate your heart, someone lives with that.
Where can you register for organ donation?
National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO) is a national-level organization set up under the government of India that foresees all organ donation procedures all over the country. You can contact the website or helpline for more details.
- It is not only a doctor’s duty to save lives but ours too.
- Death cannot be avoided and no one can run away from death.
- What is the good in burning your organs when there are millions of people on deathbeds waiting for a replacement?
- Why only recycle paper and not organs?
- Since we cannot take our organs to the afterlife, the best possible way to recycle them is a donation.
- Don’t take your organs to heaven with you. Heaven knows we need them here.
- Let’s pledge to pass on the light by donating our organs.
- Live life, after life. Will you donate your organs?
Thank you from the future organ donor Master Arjun.