Before going through this topic I would like to ask question,
What is meant by disaster ?
- A disaster is a sudden event or occurrence that causes damage to life or property.
- Generally speaking ,there are two types of disasters : Man-made and natural.
- Some disasters are worse than others.
- Natural disasters are catastrophic disasters that occur as a result of natural processes on the planet.
- Floods, storms, tsunamis, and earthquakes are just a few examples.
- Over the course of its 4.54 billion-year history, the earth has seen several natural disasters.
Man made Disasters:
- Man-made disaster means a disaster caused by acts of man .
- Including an act of war, terrorism, chemical spill or release, nuclear attacks etc.
- An attack by any enemy or foreign nation.
- Disaster management in India refers to conservation of lives and property during a natural or man-made disaster.
- Disaster management plans are multi-layered and are planned to address issues such as floods, hurricanes, fires.
National Disaster Management Authority (India) :
National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) is an agency of the Ministry of Home Affairs whose primary purpose is to coordinate response to natural or man-made disasters.
- We can predict some natural disasters like :rain fall , storms ( eg : gaja storm , Varudha storm etc.) with the help latest technology satellites, it saves many lives .
- We can’t predict some natural disasters like earthquake , tsunami etc.
- We can avoid man-made disasters like:
Terrorism, Nuclear attacks etc. The solution for these things are spreading the peace, ahimsah and love .
I would like to end up this session with a Quote of our father of our nation :
“Ahimsa means infinite love, which again means infinite capacity for suffering”