TOPIC: Does Advertising really influence our food choices?
- Does advertising really influence our food choices? I would agree that, we all are influenced.
- Advertisements can easily sway one’s food choices, especially adolescents and younger children.
- I would share an incident from my life itself. After seeing advertisements about health drinks, I did ask my parents to buy me one. Of course they also did, but just as one time and still made me continue with regular cow milk.
- Are we getting good advertisements only? Even if not, are we matured enough to get influenced with good ones ignoring the non-healthy ones?
- Today’s children spend most of their time in television, mobile, computers or other gadgets. They may come across many advertisements including that of junk food too.
- Taking junk foods like wafer, carbonated drinks, processed ones or the ones with more preservatives can result in obesity in children & other health ailments.
- We would not be aware of healthy & non-healthy food choices. Hence we need to take guidance from our parents, without being carried away just by the advertisements.